Am a goal-oriented qualified Certified Public Accountant with key taxation and accounting experience
- Nairobi, Kenya
- March 11, 2021
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Tax and statutory deductions: Well versed in handling various taxes (VAT, Income tax, Withholding taxes, standard levies etc.) with knowledge in the preparation of statutory payments i.e. PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, payroll and pension management
- Accounting skills: Well versed in accounting functions for example; financial statements, banking reconciliations, general ledgers accounting, accounts receivables and payables.
- Budget Preparation: Knowledgeable in handling budget preparations which entail; receiving the budget estimates from departments and examining them for completeness, carrying out budget planning, consolidating the data for budget presentation and assisting in projecting future financial needs.
- Flexibility: Can work in a busy and challenging environment by maintaining calmness under pressure and ensuring that I think through any possible threats that can occur in workflow systems and planning for them before they happen.
- Problem Solving Skills: Ability to analyze, assess and calculate the risks involved and find an optimal solution for the organization
- Communication skills: Good and great listening skills and excellent in verbal and non-verbal
- ICT Competency: Proficient in the windows environment and competent in Microsoft Office Application Suite. Also well versed with advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Oracle, SAP and Tally ERP
- Successfully objected a tax authority assessment orders issued wrongly on imported product after KRA issued the company with a wrong HS Code
- Thorough knowledge of international financial reporting standards, international accounting standards and tax laws.
- Provided all support to the Kenya Revenue Authority during audit and achieved desirable results.
- Enhanced and updated tax models to enable smooth taxes reconciliations with the current changes in tax laws and reduce VAA inconsistencies.
- At Majid Al Futtaim Hypermarkets Ltd, as part of the tax department we managed to implement a tax tool developed by corporate head office Dubai to simplify tax compliance and align our tax processes with new tax developments and as per the company policy