- NAIROBI, Kenya
- February 11, 2021
Competencies & Skills
- Policies & Procedures development
- End of year/month closing processes
- Cash flow Management
- Tax & statutory Management
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Financial analysis & Reports
- Accounts Receivables & Payable
- Financial Statements preparation
- Credit control Management
- Business process improvement
- Internal Controls & Audit
- Credit Management
- Finance projects Management
- Quick Books ,ERP, Sage, Pastel
Finance and Banking - upper Second class honors
COMPLETED CPA SECTION 1-6
Financial Planning, Monitoring & Reporting
• Manages the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation
• Performs assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual account reconciliations and reviews to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial data.
• Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, Trial balance, Budgets and other statements.
• Budgets Preparation & Forecasting - Interacts at all levels and with budget owners to produce timely, efficient and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting through annual report and Prepare summary feedback of financial statements variances to budget
• Month end process -Performing month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries and analyzing financial information and financial status
• Accounts receivable - Manages accounts payables and receivables
• Payroll & Statutory & Tax Management- Payroll Processing Filing of company tax returns i.e. PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, VAT and INCOME TAX and ensuring statutory payments are done on time;
• Accounts payable/ Credit Control - Monitoring customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, generate age analyzing other irregularities,
• Performing bank reconciliation and ensuring correct banking is done;
• Policies & Procedures -Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies.
• Internal Controls - Ensures compliance with internal control policies and ensures that company policies and procedures are followed.
• Compliance & audit -Collaborates with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
• Projects management -Participates in strategic financial projects including upgrades/phase-two implementation of ERP software
• Accounting - Ensured accurate, timely accounting, preparing journal entries, credit notes and assisting with month end information – monthly, quarterly and year-end closings, including bank compliance and taxation issues.
• Financial Analysis & Forecasting -Performed general financial analysis, prepared revenue forecasts and evaluated any possible financial risks.
• Financial reporting -Prepared reports on Aged Debtors and claims for liquidators
• Credit Administration - Reviewing credit applications and credit references to set credit limits and ensure credit worthiness
• Team management Managing a team of Credit Control Officers
• Policy Management –Formulation and implementation of the company's credit policy to mitigate unnecessary risk
• Audit - Prepared and coordinated the financial audit process.
• Third party service provider’s management - Regularly meet and negotiate terms with third party debt collection agencies
• Risk Management -Managed write-offs, bad debt provisions and setting up of payment plans
Duties & Responsibilities
Financial performance reporting
• Weekly sales analysis showing margins per location
• Monthly income statement and balance sheet by the 5th of every month.
• Prepared and presented Monthly Supplier and Customer ageing reports
• Prepare financial reports for taxes, regulatory agencies, and stockholders
General accounting duties
• Daily bank and cash reconciliations
• Oversaw accounts payable and receivable
• Managed general ledger and month-end and year-end close processes
• Prepared payroll and Ensure compliance with statutory and taxes regulations
• Audit - External audit reports both interim and final audits
• Managed a team of accountants
• Internal controls and ensured compliance with all internal processes
• Accounting -Oversaw the general accounting function that includes cash management/reconciliation, Budgets, Cash flow management, accounts payables, receivables, financial analysis, reporting and balance sheet management.
• Compliance -Developed and implement policies and procedures and other internal controls
• Payroll & Tax management - Management of payroll and ensuring all statutory deductions are paid on a timely basis.
• Audit -Coordinating annual audit of accounts and assisting in implementation of audit recommendations
• Fixed assets management - Asset management and maintenance of Company asset Register.
• Bank and cash reconciliations
Payments to key supplier and services provides