LOCATION: Eastern and Southern Africa Centre of International Parasite Control (ESACIPAC), Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), off Mbagathi Way, Nairobi
REPORTING TO: Centre Director
- KEMRI, Eastern and Southern Africa Centre of International Parasite Control (ESACIPAC)
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (ICIPE)
- Must possess an MSc or an MA degree in any of the following fields: Medical Sociology, Medical Anthropology, Public Health or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Must be a Citizen or a permanent resident of Kenya and ready to work on full time basis;
- Must have working experience of at least 5 years;
- Have experience in conducting mixed methods research, including developing question guides; facilitating IDIs and FDGs; conducting thematic analysis; preparing findings for dissemination.
- Published at least five (5) manuscripts in peer-review journals with two (2) as main author;
- Experience leading in qualitative data collection, coding and analysis using specialist software;
- Experience in conducting implementation research and/or work on behavior change will be an added advantage.
Duties and responsibilities:
Under supervision, the researcher will participate in the following activities:
- Proposal development for ethics approval
- Implement mixed methods research studies
- Conduct qualitative data analysis
- Prepare manuscripts for publication in peer review journals
Terms of Engagement:
- Appointment in the position will be for a one-year contract.
- A monthly payment to support the researcher will be provided.
- The researcher will be expected to take up a personal accident cover and medical insurance cover.
The program WILL NOT offer employment after the completion of the contract period.
Applicants should include the following:
- Letter of Application indicating the field of study
- Current Resume or CV with names and contact information (telephone and e-mail address)
- Copies of Certificates, Diplomas or Transcripts
- Must include a copy of Certificate of good conduct
- Must have KRA Certificate of Tax compliance
- Must have Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board if applicable
- Must have credit reference Bureau Certificate
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. Persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.