We are a Shari’ah compliant company in the Financial Sector in Kenya. We are in the process of recruiting a qualified, competent and motivated individual of high integrity to fill the position of Shari’ah Compliance Officer.
To provide leadership, Shari’ah compliance assurance, solutions and advice designed to add value and improve the company’s operations while focusing on internal control systems, risk management framework and Governance. The position reports to the Shari’ah Compliance Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertaking evaluation of all subject matters to be presented to the Shari’ah Supervisory Council (SSC).
- Studying initiatives and proposals relating to new products for appropriate guidance on Shari’ah compliance.
- Verifying and auditing of all transactions and activities undertaken by the company for Shari’ah compliance.
- Conducting periodic reviews of processes to ensure Shari’ah compliance.
- Verifying that all activities, products, contracts/agreements executed have been duly approved as per the Shari’ah approval structures.
- Ensuring the company’s branches, departments and affiliates are committed to the implementation of the Shari’ah decisions and guidelines in accordance with
the forms, contracts, agreements and procedures approved.
- Implementing Shari’ah audit recommendations approved by the Shari’ah Supervisory Council in conjunction with management.
- Developing and reviewing internal Shari’ah control systems.
- Reparing quarterly Shari’ah audit status reports and submission of the same to the Shari’ah Supervisory Council.
- Providing daily Shari’ah consultation to management and all staff across the company
Academic Qualifications & Experience
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Takaful, Islamic Finance or any other relevant course.
- At least three (5) years relevant work experience in a similar position with proven result oriented track record