Responsible for the health and welfare for the children . The ideal candidate will be accountable for:
- Referring medical matters to the doctor’s/dentist’s surgery, or hospital.
- Dealing with medical emergencies as well as routine appointments.
- Monitoring health situation of students by developing adequate records.
- Escorting children, as required, to the surgery or hospital.
- Administering First Aid to the children, in emergencies.
- Ensuring good lines of communication with parents, regarding children’s medical needs and being empathetic towards children who require attending to.
- Ensuring that medication, equipment and dressings in the medical room, and all First Aid boxes, are in date, and restocked.
- Liaising with our nominated pharmacist regarding storage and administration of non-prescribed medicine.
- Taking part in the induction arrangements for new children joining, regarding their medical needs.
- Ensuring that appropriate child records are kept up to date and that they are stored securely.
- Administering the children’s medicine when necessary and advising parents if and when the children’s medications are out of date.
- Preparing medical information for staff trips.
- Liaising with staff, as appropriate to share any health or medical concerns.
- Managing immunizations as required, on an annual basis.
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing.
- 2 years' experience in a busy environment.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Duly registered and licensed by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Strong report writing and record keeping ability.
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Start Date: Immediately.
Please note: Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.