Main objective of the role:
Reporting to the Field Finance & Compliance Director, the job holder will be responsible and accountable for finance and operations matters in the Africa East and South (AFES) Region to promote stewardship, accountability, reliability and accuracy by providing functional leadership and direction to the finance and operations function in the Regional Hub Office and countries within the Region.
We are looking for someone who will…
- Operations oversight and staff line management:
o Ensure Regional Hub and Country Office compliance to CBM standards and regulations
o Support structure, process and systems improvement in the context of change management
o Promote and strengthen internal processes and mechanisms as preventative measures to compliance issues across the Region
o Staff and line management of Shared Service Centre, General Finance and Program Operations units
o Support recruitment and all aspects of performance management of the Country Finance Managers
o Work with the Country Offices in assessing and providing training needs of CBM partner organisations
- Regional Hub Office finance management, internal control and compliance
o Take overall and proactive responsibility for managing finance and program operationso Ensure completeness of key account balance reconciliations and quarterly internal control checklists
o In collaboration with the Human Resources Manager, validate the Regional Hub Office payroll, and ensures all statutory compliance
o Lead and assure proper functioning of field compliance second line of defence
o Manage and oversee timely annual external/internal audit processes of Country Offices and Regional Hub Office
o Manage all aspects of the annual Regional Hub Office budget
- Regional Reporting & Controlling
o Ensure completeness of all CBM’s financial and operations reporting requirements for Region, Country and Partners
o Track and provide regular budget monitoring reports at Regional and Country Office levels
o Interface with Regional Program Manager to ensure adequate budget management
o Working in teams, to support the preparation of Africa East and South Region rolling and multi-year budgets
o Coordinate and maintain AFES Region risk register
o Develop and implement a comprehensive Country Office and Partner monitoring system and assure resolution of outstanding finance, operations, internal audit and compliance issues
We are looking for someone who…
- Holds a university degree in accounting, business management or similar and CPA/ACA/ACCA. Possession of an MBA is an advantage
- Has a Minimum of five years of leadership experience in a similar position, preferably with an international development organization.
- Is a strong communicator with a proven ability to motivate people and perform in a multicultural working environment.
- Is our strategic finance partner with sound judgement and influencing skills.
- Has strong analytical, organizational, facilitation and leadership skills
- Proven record of effective contribution as a member of a management team; demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and work styles to deliver finance & operations activities at a high quality level in a fluid work environment
- At least 7 years’ substantive experience in the development finance sector; with a track record in successfully managing institutionally funded projects in collaboration with partners. Experience working with various government/bi-lateral/major institutional donors such as the EC and BMZ desirable
- Has a good knowledge in MS Office (especially Excel), ERP Systems (MS Navision advantageous) and Web Conferencing Software
How to apply: