Peri-Operative Nurses ( KRPON ), REF: TNH/HRD/KRPON/03/2021
Reporting to the Charge Nurse – Theatres, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following roles amongst others: –
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducting an individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the data collection based on the patient’s immediate condition or needs within timeframe as per the standard operating procedures.
- Developing plan of care that is individualized for the patient reflecting collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
- Performing appropriate treatments as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performing therapeutic nursing interventions as established by individualized plan of care for the patient and their family.
- Providing individualized patient/family education and discharge planning customized to the patient and their family.
- Documenting patient assessment findings, physical/psychosocial responses to nursing intervention and progress towards problem resolution.
- Initiating emergency resuscitative measures according to resuscitation, basic and advanced life support protocols.
- Maintaining confidentiality in matters related to patient, family and client facility staff.
- Providing care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the patient’s and family’s diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Reporting patient’s condition to appropriate personnel during each shift.
- Ensuring that all supplies necessary to perform surgical procedures are availed to the surgeon and the supporting team.
- Observing infection control measures and maintaining sterility in the operating theatres
- Applying safety mearing throughout the perioperative period
- Monitoring physiological and psychological status of the patients.
- Maintaining current competency in perioperative nursing through continuing nursing education.
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned from time to time depending on the need and urgency.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- KRN, KRN/KRM, KRCHN, BSc. Nursing
- Must be a Kenya Registered Perioperative Nurse.
- 4 years of relevant work experience 2 of which must be after post-basic qualification.
- Mentorship training.
- BLS Certified
- Excellent interpersonal, supervisory, communication, administrative & customer care skills.
NB: THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).