Position: KS 1/ 2 teacher
Section: Preparatory School
Reporting to: Head of Junior School
Responsible for: Student progress and Outcomes
DUTIES AND ROLES:
- Ensure effective learning for all students through excellent teaching and delivery of well-planned and organised lessons.
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students.
- Use appropriate strategies to ensure an inclusive learning environment, outstanding student progress and well-being.
- Set classwork and homework with high expectations and mark these according to school policy.
- Support the development of teaching materials and courses of study.
- Liaise with parents and support staff to ensure outstanding progress in learning.
- Support extended intervention/enrichment activities to enhance students’ learning experience.
- Manage the behaviour of students in classrooms and around the school.
- Maintain an organised and well-presented learning environment for students.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a supportive and stimulating learning environment for all students
- Support and uphold the requirements of school polices.
- Adhere to the staff code of conduct.
- Be an effective form tutor by proactively meeting student welfare and wellbeing needs.
- Be responsible for ensuring subject knowledge is developed and participate in staff training and development.
- Attend team/staff meetings and participate in open evenings.
- Participate in relevant administrative and organisational tasks.
- Degree or equivalent in relevant course.
- Qualified Teacher Status.