Reporting to the Head of Administration, the school has a vacancy for a Human Resource/Legal Liaison Manager. The ideal candidate will:
- Act as a communication/liaison with the school’s lawyers to analyze any legal issues and their implications and act to minimize any exposure on the school’s side.
- Confer with the Head of Administration to develop strategies to prevent or minimize any risks to the school.
- Serve as a resource throughout the school system to ensure that the school is fully compliant with the Laws of Kenya including all statutory and legal requirements (obtain licenses/permits annually/bi-annually).
- Regularly attend meetings with the school’s lawyers, contractors, service providers, parents and staff members keep abreast of any legal issues and its implementation at the work place or operationally.
- Be responsible for interpretation of the various Acts which govern policies at the work place and explain the same in lay man’s terms to the employees.
- Responsible for overall administration coordination and evaluation of the human resource function of the school.
- Be responsible for recommendation and implementation of human resource guidelines and processes.
- Be responsible for preparing the monthly payroll posting with accuracy and ensuring all statutory remittances are complied with in a timely manner.
- Ensure all employment contracts are renewed in a timely manner and any developments in the law are factored into new employment contracts.
- Formulate and sustain handbook on policies and procedures.
- Updates all staff lists and compensation summary documents for the Head of Administration.
- Write/Rewrite job descriptions as needed.
- Monitors performance evaluation programs and participates in annual salary revisions’.
- Review the school’s monthly extra-curricular coach payments for accuracy and completeness and act as the go-to person for the Agency in case of issues.
- Perform any other responsibilities as required by the Head of Administration.
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a law degree and a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources.
- A Member with IHRM.
- 5 years of experience as a Legal Resource officer with HR background with an NGO.
Start date: Immediately.
Please note: Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.