This will be the entry and training grade for Certificate holders in this cadre. Duties and responsibilities will entail;
- Cleaning of the Laundry room;
- collecting and dispatching of Linen;
- Inspecting and Sorting linen before washing;
- Washing the linen;
- Ironing and arranging linen;
- Issuing the cleaned linen; and
- Keeping records of the Laundry tools equipment, materials and equipment.
For direct appointment this grade, an officer must have:
- Certificate course in Laundry, Housekeeping or Institutional Management from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in Computer application; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Planning skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team player
Terms of Employment: Employment is for one (1) year contract, as per KEMRI Human Resource Policy and Procedures Manual with a probation period for the first three (3) months.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted