- Teach and deliver exceptional, real world, enquiry-based Kiswahili lessons that align with the Kenya curriculum requirements.
- Maintain positive, constructive and professional relationships with students, their families and colleagues.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning, is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students and maintain an organized and focused learning environment.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning in lessons so that students are excited and invested in their academic excellence.
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for the growth and success of all students.
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards.
- Integrate interactive technology into lessons to enhance instructional delivery.
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize them.
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior.
- Consistently meet the ambitious goals of a rapidly-growing organization.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- TSC certification and a relevant Degree in Education.
- Strictly 3+years teaching experience.
- Experience in preparing candidate classes for KCSE examination is a plus!
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide clear and effective written and verbal communication.
- You are flexible and open to change - you handle uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver - you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.