The Events Coordinator is responsible for the development, planning, management, organization and coordination of all Events of the mall.
This position develops sponsorships/trade/business arrangements and relationships with and between corporations, businesses and individuals interested in events and activities at the mall with the objective of increasing foot traffic and generating additional income for the mall. In addition, development and coordination of Infill events such as “Art at the mall”. The holder of this position will also be responsible for selling In Mall Branding & Advertising space (including the mall’s Voucher).
They will work closely with the Retail PR & Communications Officer.
The Events Coordinator will report to the Area Retail Marketing Manager.
- Researching markets to identify opportunities for events.
- Responsible for continuously updating the mall’s overall Exhibitions & Promotions Calendar.
- The Event Coordinator is responsible for the development of events from conception through to completion. This includes sponsorships, exhibitions and fairs, festivals, promotions, product launches, fundraising and social events.
- Liaising with clients to ascertain their precise event requirements.
- Producing detailed proposals for events (i.e. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets).
- Assist with the preparation of the budget, adhering and managing of it.
- Ensuring insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to.
- Coordinating venue management, caterers, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire.
- Organizing facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid and hospitality.
- Identifying and securing speakers or special guests when required to do so.
- Planning room layouts and the entertainment program, scheduling workshops and demonstrations;
- Coordinating staffing requirements and staff briefings.
- Implementation of all In Mall branding and advertising opportunities.
- Liaising with Marketing and PR colleagues to promote the event.
- Liaising with sponsors and Graphic designers to create a brand for the events and organizing the production of all artworks.
- Coordinating suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly.
- Overseeing the dismantling and removal of the event and clearing the venue efficiently.
- Post-event evaluation (including data entry and analysis and producing reports for event stakeholders).
- Planning, implementation and follow-up for all special events and annual receptions.
- Develop, maintain and continuously update the corporate database.
- Develop, maintain and continuously update the event and promotional staff databases in liaison with the In Retail PR and Communications Officer.
- Manage all aspects of promotional staff coordination, including but not limited to, staffing, recruitment, supervision, training and acknowledgement.
- Coordinate event logistics, advertising and marketing collateral, production and distribution.
- Establish co-sponsorship opportunities with appropriate partners for increased brand visibility.
- Actively participate in internal and external meetings as required.
- To liaise with mall caretakers on a regular basis on event requirements and reinstatement works (e.g. cleaning personnel, electrical sockets, store works, painting, tile damage etc.)
- To inform mall Property Management and Security personnel of the Event Plans in order to ensure Crowd Management, Risk Assessments, Emergency Plans etc. are taken into consideration.
- To keep records and continuously update all additional income generated in liaison with the mall accountants.
- Ensure inventory of décor, event equipment, and all marketing material is well recorded and stored safely in conjunction with the Retail PR and Communications Officer.
- Responsible for ensuring that any branding, where required is done properly without damage to the building, put up and taken down on time.
- Responsible for preparing event reports at the end each event.
- To assist in compiling, distributing and analysing data, marketing campaigns, questionnaires and market research.
- Tracking marketing efforts and monitoring results of malls that we manage, as well as monitoring competitor mall activities.
- Any other duties as and when required.
Qualifications & Key skills required.
- Diploma/Degree in PR, Marketing, Events or any other related course.
- Minimum 3 years in the same capacity.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have initiative.
- Have the ability to prioritize and plan effectively, and has good organizational skills.
- Awareness of different media and advertising channels and mediums.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must be able work as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Have integrity.
- Must be open to working on weekends & holidays.
Start date: Immediately.
Please note: Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.