- In collaboration with his/her managers, provide support and guidance to the field staff in order to ensure that all electrical (and HVAC if relevant) installations comply with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and the preventive and corrective maintenance is done accordingly.
- Carry out evaluations, feasibility and detailed studies of the project to present to hierarchical superiors different possible solutions to the difficulties encountered in his/her area of specialization, namely the installation, construction and commissioning of electrical (and HVAC if relevant) installations. ·
- Provide support to the teams in the field in the energy (and HVAC if relevant) domain and assist in the training of project technicians to make them autonomous for preventive and corrective maintenance and basic troubleshooting. Raises the awareness on energy use for all staff and advices on strategies to improve energy efficiency of the site.
- Participates in the evaluation of local actors and ensures the quality of services and supplies. Checks and advises on international orders for consumables and replacement equipment. Ensures the management of stocks and equipment in his/her specialty area at mission level. Support the supply team (OCP and/or Intersections) in validation and quality control of Energy equipment, materials, consumables spare parts, tools.
- Ensures that all design, operating and maintenance documentation is up to date (report, asset management tool, diagrams and layouts, consumption reports, power assessments, cooling and heating need assessments). Ensure that the right equipment and electrical tools are in place and correctly used. ·
- Participate actively in the preparation of needed budget for the next year, communicate the needs with all logistics managers
- Organize and plan visits to the field: it includes ToR prior to visit and following visit report with clear recommendations to be followed. Then, progress on recommendations are counter-checked with logistics managers on monthly basis
- Establish a monthly Sitrep on the activities in the country, mentioning the objectives of the following month
- Due to MSF nature of activities; other duties as assigned by the Supervisor like participating in emergency response as needed
- Essential secondary education and technical diploma electrical or technical university degree in energy, mechanical and/or electricity domain
- Computer literacy – MS Office software, Internet, Autocad knowledge is desirable
- At least 1 year relevant experience in MSF or other NGOs in the Energy field
- Experience with NGOs in developing countries is an added advantage
- Knowledge of record keeping as well as installations design
- Knowledge of international electrical standards, systems, design and layout
- Knowledge about alternative power generation such as solar or hybrid solar systems highly advantageous
- Calculation and sizing of backup systems including UPS Systems, and generator power
- Fluent in English and Swahili, written and spoken
- Results and quality oriented, teamwork and cooperation, behavioral flexibility
- Stress management skills, commitment to MSF principles
- Desire to work in the humanitarian fields, eager to learn new ways of working