The Director, Operations is responsible for setting up the processes, systems and staff to ensure operational performance of the entire network of schools. This includes supply chain, quality assurance and customer care, revenue assurance, facilities and supplies, Instructional oversight and IT Operations.
Programme Management - managing programme managers responsible for everything from preventative fraud management, facilities and repairs, instructional and academic delivery through systems compliance
- Supply Chain - overseeing our warehousing, inventory management, procurement and logistics, making sure every school has all the resources needed in the most cost-effective and efficient way possible, while negotiating with global suppliers;
- Quality Assurance (QA) - our internal data-driven, field-based audit and monitoring team. The QA team is the auditing arm of our academy operations (facilities, materials & supplies, personnel and processes) against set standards and policies to ensure total compliance.
Customer Care Call Centre - provides telephonic and online issue resolution support to parents, school staff, community members and members of the general public. This department is the first line resolution center for any and all issues that may arise at the school, or community-level. The team manages multiple contact channels (such as phone, email, whatsapp, and the web) to handle inquiries, and provide resolution. The team also works closely with all departments to ensure that all issues not resolved by them are escalated to the appropriate department within the organization for prompt resolution.
● IT Operations - is responsible for last mile delivery of technology, ensuring that everyone from school staff to executives, all have the functioning technology they need to excel at their jobs. It also oversees the technical infrastructure that supports and connects all of our global offices, as well as the back-office systems that power our customer care centres, finance teams, warehouses, and more.
You will be responsible for ensuring every school operates effectively; That school staff are supported by being provided with the correct tech assets, learning materials and teaching supplies; That an accurate count of all learning materials and supplies is maintained; That instructional delivery runs effectively by ensuring accurate forecast of learning material needs, proper maintenance of existing inventory and on time delivery of projected quantities; That the provision of service to ensure all issues are captured and resolved, is carried out in a prompt, professional and caring manner; and That continuous data collection and analyses is used to quality assure and drive process improvements
This is a high-impact role for someone who loves standing up systems and processes from the ground up and taking on challenges on a large scale.
What You Will Do
- Manage a diverse support team including customer care, quality assurance, IT, programme managers, procurement, warehousing and logistics.
Work with and leverage team support from the global teams to ensure operations are aligned to global processes and systems.
- Be responsible for all operational performance indicators of our academies, including but not limited to:
o Improving adherence and compliance to existing systems and processes
o Striving for operational excellence in a resource-constrained environment
Continually iterating and improving systems
o Building a zero-tolerance environment for fraud and leakage
o Learn, reinvent, optimize and manage every aspect of the operations of a Bridge Academy and the necessary headquarters support, from supplies management to classroom instruction to cleaning to customer care.
Create highly-structured, insightful processes, systems and recommendations with a data-driven approach; and, alongside senior executives, critique and modify the operational components of the Bridge model.
o Do or lead every job in the entire academy operations and support to some extent. No job is too big or too small.
What You Should Have
- At least 8+ years of post-undergraduate, full time work experience
- Work experience managing a multi-unit retail environment
- Work experience in emerging markets
- Work experience, preferably in operations, as an employee at any company that has rapidly grown in headcount and number of locations, e.g., large scale retail
- Work experience in a fast-paced environment with dynamic priorities and demands
- Work experience developing and managing a culture of total focus on customer satisfaction
- Work experience drastically improving the productivity and reducing cost of a product or service
- Work experience managing and coordinating several distributed teams to deliver on a tight schedule
- Record of building data-driven operational systems
- Record of engaging in and leading cross-functional teams and initiatives
- Record of strong academic performance from a leading undergraduate and, if attended, graduate institution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, leadership, analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- High integrity with zero tolerance for any unethical business practices
How to Apply: