Critical Care Nurses (KRCCN), REF: TNH/HRD/KRCCN/03/2021
Reporting to the Charge Nurse – Critical Care Unit, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following roles amongst others: –
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identifying a patient’s specific and critical needs and adopt a care plans as necessary to meet those needs.
- Performing approved therapeutic or diagnostic procedures based on the patient’s clinical status.
- Advocating for the patient’s and family’s needs and proving emotional support for both the patient and their families.
- Setting up and monitoring medical equipment and devices such as cardiac monitors, mechanical ventilators, alarms, oxygen delivery equipment etc.
- Providing special therapies i.e. dialysis, continuous renal replacement therapy, mechanical ventilation and inotropic support.
- Maintaining the Hospitals policies, standard and procedures of nursing care.
- Participating in professional organizations and continuing education to improve on technical knowledge and skills.
- Advocating for patients, treating them with dignity and according them privacy.
- Communicating effectively with patients, patients’ families and all other care givers.
- Communicating effectively with doctors and other hospital departments for cooperative and supportive relationships.
- Supporting Charge Nurse in administrative roles, monitoring staff performance and staff development.
- Maintaining and observing infection control measures for staff and patients wellbeing.
- Upholding statutory regulations as required by Nursing Council of Kenya and the laws of Kenya.
- Safe-guarding Hospital’s and patients’ confidential information and property.
- Reporting all complaints and incidents to the In-charge as they occur.
- Prioritizing nursing care for critically ill patients based on assessment data and identified needs.
- Providing accurate documentation and proper record keeping of patients’ treatment.
- Provide effective cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Providing mentorship to junior nurses and students
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned from time to time depending on the need and urgency.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- KRN, KRM/KRM, KRCHN, BSc. Nursing
- Must be a Kenya Registered Critical Care Nurse.
- 4 years of relevant work experience 2 of which must be after post-basic qualification.
- Mentorship training.
- BLS Certified
- Excellent interpersonal, supervisory, communication, administrative & customer care skills.
NB: THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).