This is the entry grade into the cadre. An officer at this level will work under supervision of a senior officer.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
- Assist in the preparation and cooking of food and beverage;
- Assembles food supplies and equipment for daily food preparation
- Setting up dishes and replaces as necessary
- Assist in care and maintenance of work service area, supplies and equipment.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- 1-year Certificate in Food and Beverage production and Service from a recognized institution.
- Food Handlers Medical Certificate;
- Proficiency in computer application; and
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Planning skills
- Communication and reporting skills
- Team player
- Interpersonal skills
Terms of Employment: Employment is for one (1) year contract, as per KEMRI Human Resource Policy and Procedures Manual with a probation period for the first three (3) months.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted