Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
- Responsible for the preparation and cooking of food and beverage;
- In-charge of all the function and activities in the kitchen
- Ensuring that standards recipes and procedures are followed in food production
- Responsible for adhering to Public Health regulations on cooking;
- Keeping records of food stuff and catering equipment, materials and supplies;
- Carrying out regular/routine checks to determine the functionality of the catering equipment
- Assist in care and maintenance of work service area, supplies and equipment.
- At least eight (8) years relevant work experience;
- 1-year Certificate in Food and Beverage production and Service from a recognized institution.
- 2-3 years Certificate in any of the following disciplines; Institutional Management; Basic Cookery, Catering institution; Hospitality Management; Technology in Hotel management Kenya or its equivalent qualification from a recognized;
- Food Handlers Medical Certificate;
- Demonstrated professional competence and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Proficiency in computer application; and
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Key skills and competencies
- Planning and organisational skills
- Communication and reporting skills
- Mentorship skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team player
Terms of Employment: Employment is for one (1) year contract, as per KEMRI Human Resource Policy and Procedures Manual with a probation period for the first three (3) months.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted