- Operational Excellence: Help scale and improve data capture at end consumer distribution point. Trial and scale new data capture and data management systems, develop and implement SOPs for carbon compliance.
- Expand Carbon Offsetting Footprint: Grow BURN’s carbon offsetting to new geographical territories and new products. Implement necessary data and compliance systems with diverse stakeholders across several fields and countries.
- Carbon Database Management: Coordinating continuous improvement of database management with BURN’s well-staffed Market Intelligence team, including quality control and SOP development to ensure offsetting compliance.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Own the M&E requirements of this distribution project, including measuring specific social and environmental impact metrics through surveys and home observations.
- Carbon Offset Issuance: Manage a complex calendar of project monitoring and audit activities including field monitoring teams, reporting and documentation teams, DOEs, and BURN’s own Market Intelligence to issue carbon credits on time.
- Carbon Offset Sales: Together with members of the Senior Management Team, represent BURN in ERPA and carbon investment negotiations. Create excellent presentations with clear quantitative communications.
- Global Offset Market: Track global carbon market and identify upcoming opportunities & pitfalls. Represent BURN at global carbon conferences/meetings.
- Problem Solving: Solve a variety of challenges as they arise in distribution, staffing, partnerships, and financials.
- Reporting: Produce monthly reports for the senior management team highlighting performance against KPIs.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years Project Management experience: expertise in project management and demonstrated ability to coordinate complex projects with many stakeholders to deliver results on time.
- 3+ years Monitoring and Evaluation Experience: experience managing M&E in the field, ideally for a carbon offsetting project.
- Familiarity with carbon methodologies and protocols, global carbon policy, and carbon standards.
- Very strong quantitative experience, including statistical analysis familiarity, database management familiarity, and mastery of Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills – a mastery of conveying complex quantitative information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work and coordinate with several teams and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree from University. Master’s Degree / MBA is a plus.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Operations and P&L management experience for B2C and B2B clean-energy product distribution.
- Hands-on carbon L experience, ideally with a cookstove project, either on the implementation or auditing side.
- Language skills in French and/or Portuguese.
BURN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).